It's time to recap the most popular stories on CultureMap from this past week:
1. Houston's 14 best new restaurants of 2016. In a year where new restaurants seemed focused on delivering better versions of popular dishes, The Pit Room, Pi Pizza, and Killen's STQ top our picks for this year's best openings.
2. Best red carpet gowns: 34 distinctive, stylish looks that livened up Houston's social scene in 2016. As 2016 draws to an end, we look at some of the most distinctive red carpet looks in Houston this year.
3. Four Houstonians uphold tradition at 62nd International Debutante Ball with the 'Texas Dip.' In case you're wondering, the 'Texas Dip' is curtsy in which the debutante bows her head nearly to the ground with her arms outstretched to either side.
4. 8 out-of-town restaurants that made Houston dining better in 2016. Houstonians lined up to try places like Shake Shack, Snooze, and Cane Rosso that started in other cities.
5. Married to Medicine Houston Recap Episode 8: Twinkle, Twinkle...how bizarre! This episode featured all the drama at Elly's 36th birthday party.