Editor's note: It's time to recap the top stories on CultureMap from this past week.
1. Taco Cabana closes 9 restaurants in Texas including 1 in Houston. The company hopes the closures, along with some new initiatives, will help its financial standing.
2. Houston's 10 best Chinese restaurants for celebrating Jewish Christmas. Just to be clear, "Jewish Christmas" isn't a religious holiday; it's the idea of a non-traditional celebration built around eating Chinese food and going to the movies.
3. These are Houston's 12 best new restaurants of 2018. UB Preserv, Tris, and Indigo led our picks of this year's best new restaurants.
4. These are the best Houston restaurants open on Christmas Day. For those who prefer not to do dishes on a day off, we suggested options ranging from Cleburne Cafeteria to Mastro's.
5. Houston native unleashes thrilling Netflix true crime whodunit series. In The Innocent Man, Houston native Ross Dinerstein tells a story that illustrates the challenges and corruption that plagues the justice system.