Editor's note: It's time to recap the top stories on CultureMap from this past week.
1. These are Houston's 12 best new restaurants of 2019. Rosie Cannonball, Squable, and MAD lead our picks for this year's best new restaurants.
2. Nationally acclaimed ice cream shop now serving scoops in The Heights. Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams won't celebrate its grand opening until next month, but the shop is already serving scoops.
3. Here are the top 10 things to do in Houston this weekend. This weekend's best events include comedy shows, a cake pop-up in Sugar Land, and lots of holiday happenings.
4. Bustling west Houston hotel checks in with new name and new look. With a new operator on board and major updates planned, Hotel Sorella has been rebranded as The Moran CityCentre.
5. Japanese restaurant with Nobu cred rolls out sushi's hippest trend in The Heights. Hando is now serving temaki and small plates on 11th St.