Editor’s note: It's time to recap the most popular stories on CultureMap from this past week:
1. Best boss ever: Houston billionaire gives $100,000 holiday bonus to every employee. Jeffrey Hildebrand, owner of Hilcorp, the largest privately held oil company in the United States, recently gave each of his 1,381 employees a big bonus for meeting the company's goals.
2. Tex-Mex restaurant in the middle of breastfeeding controversy fires back; organizes Feed-In. El Patio has been the subject of a social media firestorm after allegations that the restaurant asked a mother to leave rather than allow her to breastfeed her child.
3. Houston's hottest new night club is designed to impress, with wraparound video and coveted spirits. Get the inside scoop on Midtown's newest luxury night club, complete with glittering cocktail servers and high-roller bottle service.
4. Gourmet hot dog restaurant plans second location with expanded list of craft beers. Good news for Montrose residents as Good Dog Houston, the food truck-turned-brick and mortar restaurant that's known for its hot dogs featuring an array of housemade condiments, plans to take over the space formerly occupied by Brick & Spoon.
5. It finally happened: Houston home sales plummet, ending long winning streak. Houston home sales dropped significantly in November as the impact of falling oil prices and the softness in the local economy pinched the realty market.