Editor's note: It's time to recap the top stories on CultureMap from this past week.
1. Where to eat in Houston right now: 8 best new restaurants for November. Indianola, Vinny's, and B.B. Lemon lead our picks for this month's best new restaurants.
2. Rumor no more: Bobby Heugel and Justin Yu reveal plans for new Heights restaurant. The dynamic duo behind Better Luck Tomorrow have plans to open a new restaurant in the former Southern Goods space on 19th St.
3. 16 things to know in Houston food right now: Openings, closings, and free milkshakes. This month's food news roundup is packed with news, happenings, and gossip.
4. Ken Hoffman hunkers down with Ed Emmett and forecasts his future. "If you think losing re-election for Harris County Judge is going to knock Emmett out of public service, you don’t know this guy," Ken Hoffman writes.
5. Ronnie Killen reveals details on his new steakhouse in The Woodlands. Financed by a $4.4 million loan, Ronnie Killen is ready to bring Killen's Steakhouse to The Woodlands.