Editor's note: It's time to recap the top stories on CultureMap from this past week.
1. ESPN host Lance Zierlein relives wild encounter with customer at popular Montrose restaurant. One minute, Zierlein was doing bone luge shots of Old Granddad during a fun meal at Riel; the next, he was intervening in a fight with an inebriated customer would didn't like being refused service.
2. Astros star shocks Houston waitress with massive tip in new YouTube video. Alex Bregman may have only placed fifth in the AL MVP voting, but he's first in the heart of Jordan Thompson, who received a $500 tip from the third baseman.
3. Shuttered downtown Houston cocktail bar will soon serve up tacos and $5 cheeseburgers. Moving Sidewalk will soon be replaced by a new restaurant from the owners of Cantina Barba.
4. New Heights restaurant takes shape with veteran chef and 'damn gorgeous' design. Brian Doke has hired Micah Rideout to be the chef at Savoir, his wine-fueled new restaurant that's opening in the Heights next month.
5. PR shocker: 2 high-profile firms merge to create Houston media juggernaut. The new firm's clients include some of Houston's highest profile real estate developers, hotels, and restaurants.