Editor's note: It's time to recap the top stories on CultureMap from this past week.
1. Mainstay British pub and jazz cafe will shutter after 33 years in Montrose. The imminent departure of The Black Lab has prompted a wave of nostalgia about all the special occasions the pub has hosted over the years.
2. Travis Scott's Astroworld festival goes full 'sicko mode' in Houston with A-list celebs and local legends. The music-and-fun free-for-all featured performances by Megan Thee Stallion, Marilyn Manson, and Pharrell, but a surprise appearance by Kanye West topped them all.
3. Beloved Rice Village shop Half Price Books reveals closing date. "Unfortunately, rent prices have gone up," says Emily Bruce, Half Price's public relations manager. "We couldn't afford to stay in the area."
4. This is how much space you can rent for $1,500 in Houston right now. The Bayou City still offers a pretty good bang for your buck, according to PropertyClub.
5. Where to find the best barbecue at Houston's top 100 restaurants. Creativity, consistency, and a diverse array of sides all help elevate some barbecue restaurants over others.