It's time to recap the most popular stories on CultureMap from this past week:
1. Sneak peek: Viking-themed restaurant sets sail for Montrose with unique perspective. Ship & Shield will feature meats like caribou, wild boar, and elk to go with its 10th century theme.
2. Here are the top 9 things to do in Houston this weekend. Enjoy our great weather at any of these events.
3. Heights future is at stake as voters decide whether to stay 'Weird & Dry' or 'Evolve and Change.' Voters ultimately decided to repeal the restriction on alcohol sales that had been in place for over a century.
4. Shake Shack's CEO dishes on Houston arrival, the future, and what makes a great burger. Randy Garutti discussed the company's plans for Houston and shared his favorite items on the menu.
5. Dave Ward reveals a big surprise at Crime Stoppers of Houston "History in the Making" Gala. The veteran broadcaster shared the date of his last appearance on Channel 13 with the VIP crowd.