Editor's note: It's time to recap the top stories on CultureMap from this past week.
1. Ken Hoffman on why announcers should stop mentioning José Altuve's height. "It is amazing what Altuve is accomplishing in baseball, but his height really isn’t a factor," Ken Hoffman writes.
2. Local Tex-Mex family serves up exciting new restaurant in Oak Forest. Valencia's Tex-Mex Garage will be the first new restaurant from Ricardo Valencia and Vienna Valencia Bement since they sold Cyclone Anaya's in 2017.
3. Houston's 'bread man' rises with exciting new restaurant and bakery. Tasos Katsaounis has teamed up with some talented partners to bring White Elm Cafe Bakery to the Memorial area.
4. Where to watch the World Series in Houston: 34 hot deals at Houston's best bars and restaurants. Extended happy hours, freebies for home runs, and more are available for diners who want to watch the Astros in the World Series.
5. Houstonians scare up a wickedly fun time at $1.1 million museum gala. The Children’s Museum of Houston gala showcased a cast of cool characters that ranged from spooky to sexy to silly.