It's time to recap the most popular stories on CultureMap from this past week:
1. Stylish River Oaks seafood restaurant, a onetime social hotspot, decides to call it quits. River Oaks restaurant SaltAir Seafood Kitchen will close October 27, its owners announced.
2. The 8 best bars to watch Astros playoff games. Plenty of seating and reliable food make these eight spots stand out as game watching destinations.
3. Game on! Sylvester Turner makes playoff wager with NYC mayor on Astros-Yankees series. Mayor Turner put kolaches and beer on the line in an ALCS bet with New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio.
4. 'Miami Vice' brings the sizzle of South Beach to Children's Museum Gala, raising nearly $1 million. More than 500 guests helped the museum raise more than $960,000 at this '80s-themed bash.
5. Down in front! Stand up and cheer for the Astros, sure, but the whole game? Ken Hoffman has been taking grief on Twitter all week for his opinion that it's ridiculous to expect fans to stand for an entire baseball game.