Editor's note: It's time to recap the top stories on CultureMap from this past week.
1. 12 things to know in Houston food right now: Openings, closings, and celebrity sightings. This roundup covers everything from when the Webster location of Snooze will open to Snoop Dogg's shoutout to the Turkey Leg Hut.
2. In-N-Out Burger reveals highly anticipated second Houston location. A local real estate firm revealed that the California-based burger chain has plans to open in Katy.
3. Houston's best pizzeria fires up new tastes with Memorial outpost opening. Moving to a new location on I-10 allowed Pizaro's Pizza to serve the same menu at both of its restaurants.
4. Where to eat in Houston right now: 9 best new restaurants for October. Each month, CultureMap food editor Eric Sandler rounds up the best new restaurants. Consider this a dining checklist.
5. Veteran chef serves up slice of Japan in River Oaks with new restaurant. Carnitas gyoza, a roll-your-own hand roll platter, and other creative dishes are on the menu at chef Naoki Yoshida's new restaurant, Shun Japanese Kitchen.