Editor’s note: It's time to recap the most popular stories on CultureMap from this past week:
1. River Oaks neighbors give millions to Republican presidential candidates, records show. Of the 158 families that have provided half of all the donations to presidential candidates in the 2016 election, eight of them hail from Houston's River Oaks.
2. Armandos rocks with birthday bash for a gal who makes 55 the new 35. Get the inside scoop on style blogger Beth Muecke's blowout birthday celebration.
3. First look: Fried chicken and donut lovers get a fresh new option from Houston restaurant chain. Check out the new Heights spot from the owners of Liberty Kitchen, BRC Gastropub and Petite Sweets.
4. Behind the scenes with Hunky Dory chef: From Feast to beast at Houston's hot new restaurant. Chef Richard Knight talks to CultureMap about his new, hotly anticipated restaurant, as well as the transition from his previous post at his shuttered Westheimer spot, Feast.
5. From food trailer to Food Paradise: New barbecue restaurant is smokin' hot. After garnering a spot on Texas Monthly's prestigious list of the state's top 50 barbecue joints, CorkScrew BBQ's brick-and-mortar establishment is open for business.