Editor's note: It's time to recap the top stories on CultureMap from this past week.
1. Ken Hoffman on why Houston Astros fans deserve a better broadcast team. Thankfully, the disappointing Fox ALDS broadcasting team will be upgraded to Joe Buck and John Smoltz for the ALCS
2. H-E-B rolls out highly anticipated new mixed-use 'hipster' store in Buffalo Heights. The grocer has tailored its new store on Washington Ave for the neighborhood with both an expanded beer and wine selection and a new location of The Roastery, the coffee shop and cafe from four, high-profile New York chefs.
3. Acclaimed Chinese restaurant suddenly shutters in downtown food hall. With a newly-opened location in Katy and another coming soon to Sugar Land, Mala Sichuan decided to withdraw from downtown's Finn Hall.
4. These Houston billionaires cash in on Forbes' list of richest Americans for 2019. With an estimated fortune of $7.5 billion, Houston pipeline mogul Richard Kinder leads the seven Houstonians on the Forbes 400.
5. Houston's Dominique Sachse toasts 1 million YouTube subscribers on NBC's Today show. CultureMap spoke to the celebrated KPRC Channel 2 anchor about her wildly popular social media presence.