It's time to recap the most popular stories on CultureMap from this past week:
1. Finally! Ronnie Killen announces plans to open a restaurant in Houston. Set to open in October, Killen's STQ will combine the best elements of Killen's Barbecue and Killen's Steakhouse into one innovative package.
2. Who will become the next CultureMap Stylemaker? Vote now! The first round of voting has been incredibly popular with CultureMap readers. Stay tuned to see who moves on to the finals.
3. Developer has mega mixed-use plans for defunct downtown post office, call it Post HTX. The former Barbara Jordan Post Office is being transformed into a mixed-used complex with an event space as well as shops, offices, and restaurants.
4. Uber introduces fixed weekday fares inside the 610 Loop, Memorial and Galleria. Ride anywhere inside the designated zone for just $7.13 from 6 am until 8 pm Monday through Friday.
5. Former Underbelly, Reef chef plans genre-bending restaurant for Montrose. At Riel, chef Ryan Lachaine will draw upon Southern, Asian, French Canadian, and Ukranian influences.