It's time to recap the most popular stories on CultureMap from this past week:
1. Breaking down Alison Cook's latest list of Houston's 100 top restaurants: Has Chron critic gotten bored? Our food editor's analysis of Chronicle critic Alison Cook's list of Houston's 100 best restaurants generated plenty of opinions of its own in both the comments section and on social media.
2. With high-rise coming, popular River Oaks bar shutters. With a 30-story residential tower on the way, Local Pour has closed but plans to reopen elsewhere.
3. Slider joint set to close soon, but hopes to live again as neighborhood gathering spot. Little Bigs will close at the end of the month, but Jennifer and Bryan Caswell are looking for a new home for the restaurant.
4. Where to Eat Now: Houston restaurant scene heats up with 10 sizzling new dining options. Aqui, A'Bouzy, and One Fifth Romance Languages lead this list of new restaurants to try.
5. We’re one big step closer to getting from Houston to San Antonio in 21 minutes. Hyperloop One has designated Texas as one of four U.S. finalists in the competition to determine where the company will build a transportation network.