Editor's note: It's time to recap the top stories on CultureMap from this past week.
1. Houston restaurateur first in U.S. to buy Bentley with bitcoin from Tilman Fertitta's luxe dealership. Delicious Concepts owner Ken Bridge (Ritual, Lola, etc) traded a portion of his bitcoin in for a Bentley Continental GT.
2. Ken Hoffman draws the line against nosy customers at CVS — and wins. Honestly, the world would be a better place if more people took Ken's advice.
3. 10 things to know in Houston food right now: Openings, closings, and a tropical tiki bar. This roundup includes EggHaus's opening date, the likely end of Krisp Bird & Batter, and the latest project from Houston's Cambodian doughnut jedi.
4. Where to eat in Houston right now: 9 best new restaurants for September. This month's list of new restaurant contains something for everybody — whether it's gluten-free fare in Uptown Park, fried chicken in the Heights, shabu shabu in Chinatown, or lobster themidor in The Woodlands.
5. The curse wins: Critic-loved Midtown restaurant suddenly shutters. Considering the space has been four different establishments since 2012, maybe people should stop opening restaurants at 510 West Gray.