Editor's note: It's time to recap the top stories on CultureMap from this past week.
1. Surprise exit: Houston father-son chefs depart family's South American steakhouse chain. Whatever the reason, Michael and David Cordua's departure from their restaurant group comes as a major surprise.
2. Houston university topples UT as No. 1 school in the state, says new report. When the criteria focus on student outcomes like four-year graduation rate, Rice tops UT in U.S. News' rankings.
3. Pat Green's massive new downtown live music venue and bar sets opening date. Houstonians are feeling wave on wave of enthusiasm about all the carrying on they're going to be doing at The Rustic.
4. Worldly new restaurant spices up The Heights with a dash of Moroccan flair. Neo Baguette's flavorful dishes and affordable prices make it must-try.
5. Another West Ave shutter: Casual steakhouse calls it quits after 5 years. Who would have predicted that Pondicheri would be the most successful restaurant in West Ave.?