Editor's note: It's time to recap the top stories on CultureMap from this past week.
1. Hot Houston BBQ joint smokes in prestigious new list of best new restaurants. Congratulations to Blood Bros. BBQ, named as one of America's 50 best new restaurants by Bon Appétit.
2. Sizzling new Tex-Mex restaurant serves up opening date in Montrose. If what it served at an invite-only preview is any indication of its quality, new Tex-Mex restaurant Candente will make a big splash when it opens next week.
3. Cool new tiki-themed restaurant serves up tropical vibes in Montrose. The Toasted Coconut, a new restaurant from the owners of Nobie's, is now serving dumplings and drinks in coconuts in a beachy environment.
4. Popular Heights wine cafe uncorks highly anticipated new Montrose location. Houston's second Postino WineCafé will bring its $5 glasses of wine and brushetta boards to Montrose starting next week.
5. Houston society A-listers host MAD party for beloved local landmark. Attendees at the fundraiser for the Rothko Chapel’s capital campaign sampled bites from MAD's new menu that will debut later this month.