Editor's note: It's time to recap the top stories on CultureMap from this past week.
1. Houston's coolest pool bar makes a splash with grand reopening bash. With construction delays and permitting hassles finally over, El Segundo Swim Club has returned to make the end of summer a little cooler.
2. Introducing CultureMap's Top 100: The very best restaurants in Houston right now. This explanation of the methodology behind creating CultureMap's list of Houston top 100 restaurants is so thoughtfully argued that it should prevent any disagreement with the list's selections.
3. Houston drivers should prepare for major closure on US 290. Construction begins this weekend on a yearlong project to transform the freeway's intersection with Hwy 6.
4. Whimsical world of Dr. Seuss floats into Houston with immersive new exhibit. “The Dr. Seuss Experience,” a 15,000-square-foot exhibit based on the book Oh, the Places You'll Go, is coming to Houston (at some point in 2020).
5. 7 best Houston hotels for a staycation that feels worlds away. Houston offers savvy staycationers myriad choices for a quick local getaway.