Editor's note: It's time to recap the top stories on CultureMap from this past week.
1. Houston's first rooftop theater announces opening schedule featuring Houston and Texas films. When it opens October 2, the Rooftop Cinema Club will kick off with '80s classics Dirty Dancing, Coming to America, and Back to the Future.
2. Influential Washington Avenue restaurant to shutter amidst major changes. The original location of Beaver's will close after service on September 1 to become a new concept developed by Axelrad owners Jeff Kaplan and Adam Brackman.
3. Harvey-ravaged Italian restaurant finds new home, and new name, in Spring Branch. Spaghetti Warehouse will be reincarnated as "Warehouse 72" when it opens in the Marq*E Entertainment Center.
4. Popular Upper Kirby sweet shop will dish out its last dessert. Once H-E-B announced plans to build on its property, Petite Sweet's days were numbered.
5. 8 things to know in Houston food right now: Openings, closings, and a sneak peek at the Montrose Shake Shack. Our food news roundup offers all the latest news to know from Houston's dining scene.