It's time to recap the most popular stories on CultureMap from this past week:
1. The real story behind Kay's Lounge closing and how the Texas-shaped bar table will live on. The owners of the iconic Houston bar explain why they're shuttering after nearly 37 years.
2. Houston hits bottom as nation's toughest city for renters who want to become homeowners. Zillow released its latest rental analysis and crowned Houston the least qualified city when it comes to renters turning into homebuyers.
3. New owners vow to bring the fun back to Montrose rooftop bar. Under new ownership, the Rosemont aims to improve upon its past reputation and focus on what makes it special.
4. Paris gelato shop arrives in River Oaks District with French flair and rose-shaped cones. A French couple moved to Houston to open Amorino. "I wanted nice weather and friendly people,” says co-owner Nathalie Debbouzzi. “In Paris, nobody talks to each other. I appreciate that about Houston.”
5. Sneak peek at Pi Pizza: Acclaimed food truck finds a permanent home for distinctive pizzas and more. As anyone who’s been following along on social media knows, Pi Pizza is very close to opening.