Editor's note: It's time to recap the top stories on CultureMap from this past week.
1. Inner Loop chicken fried steak favorite prepares to say farewell after 31 years. Hickory Hollow owner Tony Riedel has sold the Heights Boulevard location to developer Braun Enterprises, who intends to find a new tenant for the space.
2. $120 million W Hotel & Resort books pivotal spot in downtown Houston. Backers claim that if approved, the 308-room hotel will potentially create $3.4 billion in direct overall revenue to the City of Houston.
3. Iconic Tex-Mex restaurant picks Galleria area for all-new second location. Ninfa's fajitas, green sauce, and margaritas are coming to the former Peska space in 2019.
4. Where to eat in Houston right now: 10 vibrant new restaurants for August. A new concept from popular Houston restaurateur Benjy Levit and the new beer garden at Saint Arnold Brewing Co lead our picks of can't-miss new restaurants.
5. Legendary Houston TV anchor Dave Ward sits down for 10 provocative questions on his triumphant return. Ken Hoffman catches up with the legendary anchorman about his impending return to ABC13.