When bad weather is in the forecast, especially with Hurricane Harvey potentially heading our way, being prepared is key. Read on for your guide to some quick and easy tips on what to do and buy ahead of time, making the situation easier to ride out.
- Go to the grocery store and stock up on essentials and non-perishable food items.
- Head to the gas station to fill up your tank.
- Go to the bank or ATM so that you have cash. You might need it over the next few days.
- Sign up to receive text alerts from your local emergency center.
- Purchase items like a portable charger in case you're without electricity or an outlet.
Click the video below for more details, and head to our news partners at ABC13.com for the full story.