Editor's note: It's time to recap the top stories on CultureMap from this past week.
1. 6 Houston-area companies named best places to work for women. A new survey by Forbes reveals that many Texas companies are tops for women workers, including Texas Children's, which ranks 11th in the country.
2. Acclaimed Houston bistro named one of America's best new eateries. Eater critic Bill Addison included Theodore Rex on his list of the 18 best new restaurants in America.
3. Rumor no more: Rapidly expanding brunch restaurant picks Galleria for new location. Snooze: An AM Eatery has claimed the former Arcodoro space at Westheimer and Post Oak for its sixth Houston-area location.
4. 11 things to know in Houston food right now: Openings, closings, and all things Chris Shepherd. Find news about a new pizza place in the Galleria area, a new chef at Harold's, and poke in the downtown tunnels in this roundup of dining news and notes.
5. 9 nonstop flights from Houston for a summer getaway in 3 hours or less. A short flight is all it takes to get away to places like Denver, Nashville, or Chicago.