Editor's note: It's time to recap the top stories on CultureMap from this past week.
1. Houston Restaurant Weeks 2018 serves up 12 can't-miss newcomers. Emmaline, International Smoke, and Fig & Olive are among the new restaurants participating in HRW for the first time.
2. Houston's hottest new bakery rises with Grandma's recipes and artisan breads. The Bread Man Baking Company's naturally fermented loaves are winning fans across Houston.
3. 2 popular Houston restaurants plot exciting expansion to Katy. Gr8 Plate Hospitality owners Doris and Paul Miller are bringing both Jax Grill and The Union Kitchen a development near Cinco Ranch.
4. Ken Hoffman begs Houston women not to audition for The Bachelor. The women of Houston would be better off looking for love in a police lineup than on TV, our columnist opines.
5. Time's up: Popular Montrose Tex-Mex spot finally gives way to new apartments. After operating a month-to-month lease for almost four years, El Tiempo's 1308 Cantina will serve its last margarita on July 31.