Editor’s note: It's time to recap the most popular stories on CultureMap from this past week:
1. Houston Restaurant Weeks lineup: 11 newcomers definitely worth a try. With Houston Restaurant Weeks starting on August 1, check out these favorite new spots included in the annual prix fixe menu event.
2. Anvil's head guy creates list of 100 great Houston bars to try in 10 days. With Anvil Bar & Refuge closed for renovations, the establishment's head guy Bobby Heugel came up a comprehensive list of Houston bars to visit in the interim.
3. Love is on the air: Surprise engagement has Houston TV star on cloud nine — even with no make-up. Popular KHOU meteorologist Chita Johnson spills the details of getting a wedding proposal when she least expected it. It's a popular story for the second week in a row.
4. With French cowboy's help, couple brings touch of Paris to Houston bakery, where everything's made from scratch. Two Parisian expats have brought a casual — and authentic — French bakery to the Galleria area.
5. Pitmaster praised by Texas Monthly plans move from barbecue trailer to permanent restaurant. One well-respected pitmaster known for his Central Texas-style barbecue cooked "hot and fast" has big plans for brick and mortar establishment in EaDo.
6. Sometimes dreams do come true — even for celebs: J.J. Watt crushes on Jennifer Aniston. Even someone as famous as the Houston Texans superstar defensive end gets starstruck when meeting one of his favorite celebrities.