Editor’s note: It's time to recap the most popular stories on CultureMap from this past week:
1. Love is on the air: Surprise engagement has Houston TV star on cloud nine — even with no make-up. Popular KHOU meteorologist Chita Johnson spills the details of getting a wedding proposal when she least expected it.
2. Houston's king of meat finds bigger location for steakhouse — new burger joint is next. Ronnie Killen is relocating his revered Pearland steakhouse to a new, larger location and using the previous space to house his newest concept.
3. Luxurious Galleria-area steakhouse named No. 3 in U.S. by Food Network — and tops in Texas. Pappas Bros. Steakhouse joined the list of Top 5 Steaks in America, according to the food-obsessed channel.
4. Heights fried chicken brothel suddenly shutters in landlord dispute but owner vows to return. The Chicken Ranch, run by chef Joshua Martinez, unexpectedly closed over the weekend and CultureMap food editor Eric Sandler found out why.
5. Where to Eat Right Now: Here's a bumper crop of 10 innovative, must-try restaurants for July. From Chinese-style noodles and non-traditional tacos to a casual steakhouse and a fine dining eatery, this month's edition of Where to Eat Right Now has some hot restaurant recommendations.