It's time to recap the most popular stories on CultureMap from this past week:
1. Katy first in Texas to land McDonald's of the future: Touch screen orders, living room atmosphere. Ken Hoffman's trip to Katy to sample McDonald's "Experience of the Future," moves up from third place last week to this week's most popular article.
2. Dynamic duo aims to step up Houston bagels with new Heights shop. When it opens in the next couple of months, Golden Bagels & Coffee aims to improve Houston's options for New York-style bagels.
3. Rising star pitmaster to bring Brenham hotspot to H-Town — with help of Houston restaurant king. Brenham's acclaimed Truth Barbeque will open a second location inside the loop thanks to assistance from Johnny Carrabba.
4. Steakhouse Update: Midtown closing, Woodlands opening, makeover for Galleria fave. Rounding up the news about changes at Laurenzo's in Midtown, Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steakhouse, and Tradicao Brazilian Steakhouse.
5. Internationally-famous bakery opens first Houston outpost in Chinatown. Houstonians are lining up to try 85°C Bakery Cafe.