Editor's note: It's time to recap the top stories on CultureMap from this past week.
1. Kate Upton and Justin Verlander reveal their 5 favorite Houston haunts. Nancy's Hustle and Biscuit Home are just two of the places that the celebrity couple recommended to the New York Times.
2. One of the world's largest rooftop gardens will bloom in downtown Houston. Part of the transformation of the Barbara Jordan Post Office into the Post Houston mixed-use development will be the Skylawn, a five-acre rooftop park and sustainable organic farm.
3. Mexican-inspired new north Houston bar reveals opening date. With a full slate of creative cocktails and a menu of tasty bites, newly-opened bar Monkey's Tail looks like a welcome addition to Lindale Park.
4. Houston’s hottest new restaurant pours positively mad cocktails. Jerry Argüelles and bartender Chris Morris are "preaching the juniper gospel" at MAD, the new Spanish restaurant in River Oaks District.
5. Prominent Houston urban farm suspends customer-oriented operations. Loam Agromonics' decision to suspend produce deliveries serves as a reminder that building a sustainable local food system still has plenty of challenges.