Editor's note: It's time to recap the top stories on CultureMap from this past week.
1. Houston Dynamo legend Brian Ching kicks off hot new EaDo bar. Pitch 25 blends soccer elements that pay homage to Ching's career with beer garden features like 100 taps and a stage for live music.
2. Montrose honky tonk masterminds reveal ambitious plans to open 3 new concepts. The company behind Goodnight Charlie's revealed plans to open a wine and cheese shop, a casual restaurant, and a fine dining restaurant.
3. Trendy Italian restaurant becomes River Oaks District's first shutter. Taverna has found success in Dallas and Austin, but Houstonians never fully embraced the restaurant.
4. Where to watch the World Cup: 13 Houston bars and restaurants that love the beautiful game. With the games taking place in Russia, several Houston bars and restaurants are opening as early as 7 am to host watch parties.
5. United's impressive new jet makes cooling off in Alaska a breeze from Houston. Those who want a break from Houston's heat should take Ken Hoffman's advice and head to Anchorage for a few days.