Editor's note: It's time to recap the top stories on CultureMap from this past week.
1. Restaurant shocker: Acclaimed Montrose restaurant to shutter after 7 years. Now that The Pass & Provisions has served its last meals, speculation turns to what might be next for chef-owners Seth Siegel-Gardner and Terrence Gallivan.
2. Beloved Montrose bar rocks exciting Houston chef and new direction. With Anthony Calleo in the kitchen, Rudyard's has a new vibe.
3. Veteran Houston chef revives Heights neighborhood market and eatery. Speaking of The Pass & Provisions, its former executive sous chef Steve Lamborn has taken over the kitchen at Revival Market.
4. Acclaimed Houston-area barbecue spot set to spin off a new burger joint. The success of their special Smokehouse Burger inspired the owners of Tejas Chocolate & Barbecue to open a dedicated burger joint.
5. Houston Texans superstar J.J. Watt proposes to girlfriend Kealia Ohai. No matter what happens on the field this season, proposing to his longtime girlfriend ensures Watt will have a memorable 2019.