Editor's note: It's time to recap the top stories on CultureMap from this past week.
1. Highly anticipated new trail linking Buffalo Bayou Park and White Oak Bayou now open to Houstonians. The connection adjoins the White Oak Bayou Greenway to the popular Buffalo Bayou trails and green spaces
2. Houston, prepare for some major traffic closures this weekend. Festivals, sporting events, and construction made for some challenging traffic last weekend.
3. Ambitious and exotic new Indian restaurant unveils huge plans to spice up the Galleria. With its menu influenced by a 100-day journey across India and a gorgeous interior, Musaafer by The Spice Route Company has the potential to be a game-changing restaurant when it opens this fall.
4. 26 ultra-exciting restaurants opening in Houston this summer, from Chris Shepherd to Nobu. After a slow start at the beginning of 2018, this summer will bring an impressive crop of new restaurants.
5. Flooding concerns rise as new Houston underground freeway plans revealed. TxDOT will add more pumps and retention ponds to help prevent future below-grade roadways from flooding.