Editor's note: It's time to recap the top stories on CultureMap from this past week.
1. Inner Loop gem unveils lush new hiking trail for Houstonians to explore. The Houston Arboretum has revealed a new trail and ravine, plus elevation that’s completely explorable.
2. Bittersweet last call for popular Heights neighborhood dive bar. We'll miss Big Star Bar, the beloved Heights dive that will soon shut down.
3. These 2 Houston suburbs nab top rankings as safest cities in Texas. Crime plagues many big American cities. Fortunately, that isn't the case in Sugar Land or League City.
4. GQ once again lavishes love on Houston in new best restaurant list. Houston figures prominently in GQ's Best New Restaurants in America, 2019.
5. Goodnight Charlie's masterminds book luxe new Montrose boutique hotel. Goodnight Development will open The Montrose Hotel, a nine-room luxury boutique spot.