Editor's note: It's time to recap the top stories on CultureMap from this past week.
1. Get ready to dive into a new Houston-area water park this summer. It's been a long time coming, but the Big Rivers Waterpark and Gator Bayou Adventure Park attractions at Grand Texas will finally open in June.
2. Where to eat in Houston right now: 10 new restaurants spring to top of April's must-try list. Feges BBQ, Fig & Olive, and Rodeo Goat lead our picks of this month's best new restaurants.
3. Hot Houston spots serve up seconds in the suburbs, plus more restaurant news. This dining news roundup includes new locations for two popular restaurants and an intriguing new concept coming to downtown this summer.
4. Wealthy Texas family throws another epic $4 million birthday bash. The details of San Antonio attorney Thomas J. Henry's lavish 56th birthday party in Miami read like a Stefon bit.
5. New Zealand nonstop flight launches Houstonians on an unforgettable journey. Ken Hoffman offers travel trips from his recent excursion to the land of Lord of the Rings.