Editor’s note: Another week has come and gone, and there’s a lot we all probably missed. But we’re looking out for you. Here are the most popular stories on CultureMap from this past week:
1. Chef pet peeves: How diners annoy some of the best restaurants in Houston. Ever wondered if your dining habits are making you persona non grata at your favorite restaurants? Four of the city's top chefs talk about their biggest problems with diners, and you probably won't be surprised by what they say.
2. Johnny Manziel's party-time girlfriend under fire for setting bad example after his release from rehab. Colleen Crowley, the girlfriend of Cleveland Browns quarterback Johnny Manziel, who was recently leased from rehab, has received a great deal of criticism on social media for continuing to party hard, in spite of her boyfriend's circumstances.
3. Derailed? 205 MPH bullet train between Houston and Dallas in dire danger of being blocked by new bill. Plans for the $12 billion high-speed bullet train that would connect Houston and Dallas may be thwarted by a new bill proposed in the Texas Senate. The bill would strip high-speed rail line developers of eminent domain authority, ruining the plans Texas Central Railway has been working on since 2012.
4. Where to Eat Right Now: 10 (plus) hot new restaurants for April. From wood-fired Italian-style pizzas and delicious donuts to late-night ramen and traditional Texas-style barbeque, April's edition of Where to Eat Right Now promises to wow any Houston resident with stunning new eateries.
5. Popular Montrose bar ditches the food truck for a full-bore kitchen — and better food. Already known for their tasty pizzas and fries, Boheme has officially replaced its food truck kitchen setup with a brand new indoor kitchen. Two years in the making, the new kitchen allows for more complex dishes, higher volume and reduced wait times for diners.