Editor's note: It's time to recap the top stories on CultureMap from this past week.
1. Houston, get ready for 8 months of construction closures on the West Loop. Construction of a dedicated bus line has closed the exit at 610 South and Post Oak for the foreseeable future.
2. 6 brand-new public art projects every Houstonian should experience. The MFAH's Cloud Column sculpture (don't call it a bean) isn't the only piece of public art worth checking out this spring.
3. These 2 exclusive Houston neighborhoods rank among America's best for 2018. Real estate review site Niche ranks Memorial and University Place (near Rice) as two of the top 20 best neighborhoods to live in America.
4. 5 things to know about Houston dining right now, including a hot bar opening. We took a quick look at some dining deals and other news to know.
5. Houston once again ranks among America's best places to live. The Bayou City is America's 26th best place to live, according to U.S. News & World Report; Austin is the best.