Whatever you are into, Houston most likely hosts a festival for it. With spring on the horizon, the city is prime to bloom with things to do every single weekend. We think it's time for you to mark your calendars so there's absolutely no chance you'll miss the landmark gatherings that make the Bayou City a lively place to call home.
CultureMap contributer Nicole Hickl, who you may know as the charming host of the "Up To Speed" video series, has the 411 on Houston's spring festivals. With Great Day Houston host Deborah Duncan, Hickl dishes out on the most notable events of the season.
Among Hickl's must-attend suggestions are:
- 44th Annual Houston International Festival featuring Australia downtown (April 26-27 and May 3-4)
- Texas Crawfish and Music Festival in Old Town Spring (April 25-27 and May 2-4)
- San Jacinto Day Festival and Battle Re-Enactment at San Jacinto Monument (April 26)
- 14th Annual Houston Dragon Boat Festival at Allen's Landing (May 3)
- Keels and Wheels Classic Car and Vintage Wooden Boat Show at Lakewood Yacht Club in Seabrook (May 3-4)
- 27th Annual Houston Art Car Parade downtown (May 10)