It's time to recap the most popular stories on CultureMap from this past week:
1. Before closing RodeoHouston, Zac Brown buys a reserve champion steer. The musician and his wife Shelly joined with two other couples to put in the winning bid of $330,000 for a mixed-breed reserve champion named Magic.
2. The 9 best bars in Houston offer quality and consistency. Our Tastemaker Awards Bar of the Year finalists range from stylish wine bars like Camerata and 13 Celsius to intimate cocktail dens like Anvil and Bad News Bar.
3. Nine new places for crawfish you won't want to miss, along with some classic faves. Crawfish fans will always have their old favorites, but those interested in trying something new should check out places like Mels' Seafood Shack, Pinch Seafood, and The Patio on Richmond.
4. 10 stylish women — and two dynamic men — are center of attention at Best Dressed Luncheon. A crowd of 600 attended the event that honors 10 women for their philanthropy and personal style.
5. America's top travel expert Rick Steves explains why now's the best time to explore the world. The author and TV host discussed his latest work, Travel as a Political Act, before a presentation at the University of Houston.