Editor's note: It's time to recap the top stories on CultureMap from this past week.
1. Restaurant shocker: Prominent Houston restaurateur parts ways with company he helped found. It's hard to imagine Cherry Pie Hospitality's restaurants operating without Lee Ellis, but the company says it will maintain his high standards
2. New nonstop flight makes quick Houston-to-Bahamas getaway a breeze. Houstonians craving a quick jaunt to island paradise can take advantage of a direct, three-hour flight from The Bayou City to The Bahamas.
3. Houston's 10 best neighborhood restaurants cook up consistent comfort. Always one of the most popular Tastemaker Awards categories, the finalists for Neighborhood Restaurant of the Year represent the kind of restaurants that people can enjoy every day.
4. Ken Hoffman on the worst part of golf, and why he's never playing again. The columnist ranting about golf demonstrates why cranky Ken is our favorite Ken.
5. Garth Brooks and surprise guest close out RodeoHouston 2018 with raucous, record-breaking show. Over 75,000 people paid to watch the music legend close out RodeoHouston, and they all seemed to be posting every minute to Instagram.