Editor's note: It's time to recap the most popular stories on CultureMap from this past week:
1. Where to Eat Right Now: 9 new restaurants worth trying inside the loop and beyond the Beltway. CultureMap food editor Eric Sandler highlights new dining options in Katy, Sugar Land, west Houston, and Chinatown in addition to Montrose, the Heights and downtown.
2. Washington Ave nightclub that was one of Houston's top hotspots unexpectedly shutters. After more than five years in business, Hughes Hangar announced on Twitter that it is closing.
3. Glitzy Midtown steakhouse with party atmosphere calls its quits; new concept to be unveiled. Mr. Peeples, the steakhouse with a Vegas-style interior, announced it will close on March 28.
4. Houston's best barbecue joints 2016: Fearless pitmasters transform local scene. Houstonians can't get enough barbecue: this story made our top 5 for the second week in a row.
5. Micro-condos offer Houstonians the opportunity to live large while living small. A unusual new highrise is planned and potential owners can view life-size, fully-furnished models of condominium units that start as compactly as 350 square feet.