Editor's note: It's time to recap the top stories on CultureMap from this past week.
1. Cool California ramen bar hits hottest Heights development. Jinya Ramen Bar will open its seventh Houston-area location at the Heights Waterworks development.
2. Chris Shepherd reveals Underbelly's bittersweet closing date, thanks Houstonians. It's official; Underbelly will close on March 31 after six years in business.
3. Where to drink now: 10 hot new Houston happy hours with serious dining deals. Need a drink? Check out these suggestions for new happy hour options.
4. 10 best bars in Houston for 2018, from the classics to new spots shaking up the scene. Our Tastemaker Awards coverage begins with a look at the finalists for Bar of the Year.
5. The 9 rising star chefs bringing Houston's culinary scene to a boil. Our panel of former winners and industry insiders thinks these nine chefs are Houston's rising stars.