Editor's note: It's time to recap the top stories on CultureMap from this past week.
1. Should we move the rodeo for better weather? Ken Hoffman and Frank Billingsley weigh in. The Rodeo already draws 2.4 million people annually, but Ken Hoffman thinks it would be even more successful if it moved a couple of weeks to warmer, dryer days.
2. Houston's 9 best neighborhood restaurants elevate everyday dining. Ninfa's, Field & Tides, and The Pit Room are just three of the restaurants competing to be the CultureMap Tastemaker Awards Neighborhood Restaurant of the Year.
3. Intimate sushi restaurant rolls into The Heights with latest trend. Hando will bring the sushi hand roll trend to 11th Street.
4. Messina Hof uncorks Houston's largest winery, complete with restaurant and patio. The acclaimed Texas winery will open a massive new winery, restaurant, and distribution facility in the Harvest Green community — and that's just phase one.
5. 16 best new restaurants in Houston vie for ultimate Tastemaker title — vote now. It's round one of our bracket-style head-to-head tournament to determine which establishment will earn the title of Best New Restaurant in this year's Tastemaker Awards.