Name: Dr. Brittany Elizabeth King
Age: 31 years young
Zodiac sign: Cancer crab. Chinese = the dog (how appropriate?!)
Height: 5 feet, 7 inches
Hails from: Arlington, Texas
A local veterinarian, and mom to Hank, a Scottish terrier rescue dog, King has a big heart for animals. So much so that she swam the English Channel to help raise funds for pets in need.
As if the swim wasn’t challenge enough, King has also climbed Mt. Kilimanjaro and competed in a full 140.6 mile Ironman — plus five marathons on seven continents.
• Ideal mate: He's a selfless, Christian, kind-hearted, intelligent man with a positive outlook on life, who can laugh. He strives to give back to this world in a positive way.
• Hobbies: Painting and writing children's books. I completed my first book (my dog Hank is the hero of the series) and am speaking to publishers about it.
• Biggest turn off: Selfishness.
• Have you met anyone famous? Willie Nelson. He autographed my longneck. And I’ve also met Michael Phelps, whom I swam with at the US Nationals in 2000. He autographed my Gatorade water bottle.
• You can't help but spend money on: Deep tissue massages and reflexology.
• Do you have any tattoos or piercings? Yes, ha! But it has meaning. I have a very small "AU" tattooed on my lower back that represents winning the NCAA Division I, swimming national champions, women's team, Auburn, 2002.
• Your best characteristics: Empathy and an adventurous spirit.
• Your first famous crush: Daniel Day Lewis in Last of the Mohicans.
• What kid were you in high school? The Orch Dork. I played the violin in the school's orchestra, studied constantly and swam on the swim team.