Editor's note: It's time to recap the top stories on CultureMap from this past week.
1. 'Futuristic' Chinese restaurant's new location takes over former River Oaks hot spot. The Rice Box's new location will build on the restaurant's successful formula with new menu items and more seating.
2. Dominique Sachse and Houston's A-listers go green at beloved park's gala. The gala drew 421 guests who raised $1.2 million for the Discovery Green Conservancy.
3. Where to drink in Houston right now: 11 refreshing new happy hours. From $5 sliders at Tony's to $0.75 oysters at Eunice, Houston restaurants are offering some very appealing happy hour deals.
4. New York Times swoons over Houston's culinary diversity in fawning new story. From Chinatown to Hillcroft to Stafford, Times writer Sebastian Modak ate very well during his one-day sojurn in Houston.
5. Houston chefs, bars, and restaurants nab 11 James Beard semifinalist nominations in 2019. Not only are three Houston chefs competing to earn Best Chef: Southwest honors, but the city's restaurants are also nominees for prestigious national awards like Outstanding Restaurant and Outstanding Service.