Editor's note: It's time to recap the top stories on CultureMap from this past week.
1. Houston dominates Texas Monthly's best new restaurants list. The magazine ranked four Houston establishments — led by Hugo Ortega's Xochi — on its list of the state's 10 best new restaurants.
2. Where to eat in Houston right now: 11 new restaurants and bars to try in February. Willie G's, Golden Bagels & Coffee, and Night Heron lead our list of new restaurants to try this month.
3. Houston's 'ugly delicious' food shines in celebrity chef's new Netflix series. David Chang puts Houston and Viet-Cajun crawfish in the national spotlight in the fourth episode of his new Netflix series, Ugly Delicious.
4. Sneak peek: See historic Farmers Market's exciting transformation. A new animation reveals some details on MLB Capital Partners' plans to transform the Houston Farmers Market into a dining and shopping destination.
5. At last! Locally minded sandwich shop arrives in The Heights. Houston's fifth Local Foods has opened at the Heights Mercantile mixed-use development.