Editor's note: It's time to recap the top stories on CultureMap from this past week.
1. Houston dominates Texas Monthly critic's list of state's best new restaurants. Six of the magazine's 12 best new restaurants reside in Houston, with Chris Shepherd taking the top spot for his 2018 trio of UB Preserv, One Fifth Mediterranean, and Georgia James.
2. 12 things to know in Houston food right now: Openings, closings, and Saint Arnold's new cider. Our news roundup includes two shutters on Washington Ave., a new poke option for downtown office workers, and Nobu's new lunch menu.
3. The 10 rising star chefs heating up Houston's dining scene right now. Meet the people who will be leading Houston's culinary scene in the years to come.
4. Shuttered Heights-area seafood restaurant gins up new look, name, and menu. It's adios Star Fish and hola 1751 Sea and Bar, as restaurateur Michael Sambrooks continues to put his stamp on the establishments his company purchased from Cherry Pie Hospitality.
5. Texas liquor chain rings in spring with hotly anticipated Dollar Sale deals. These deals at Twin Liquors' dollar sale are so good they're worth driving to the suburbs for.