It's time to recap the most popular stories on CultureMap from this past week:
1. Sneak peek: Acclaimed ramen shop offers half off on food during soft opening. Waits have run up to two hours as Houstonians have flocked to Montrose for Ramen Tatsu-ya's soft opening.
2. Houston Grand Opera named only U.S. finalist for Best Opera Company in the World. The International Opera Awards will reveal its winners May 7, but it's pretty great just to be nominated.
3. Rumor no more? Acclaimed Austin chef teases new Houston restaurant plans. James Beard award winner Paul Qui confirmed this week that his Instagram post does match a building on Westheimer that will open later this year as a restaurant called Aqui.
4. This Houston family home exemplifies livable sophistication. Interior designer Marie Flanigan created a home that balances elegant contemporary style but still manages to feel alluring and warm.
5. Houston media company acquires CultureMap with plans for expanded digital coverage. Gow Media's acquisition of CultureMap creates a company with a strong presence both on radio and online that reaches nearly 8 million Texans monthly.