Editor's note: It's time to recap the top stories on CultureMap from this past week.
1. Exciting new pool bar set to make a splash in Houston's Second Ward. Every day will be a pool party when the El Segundo Swim Club opens later this year.
2. Beloved Galleria-area Italian restaurant suddenly shutters after 20 years. Arcodoro has served its last meal, owners Lori and Efisio Farris announced last week.
3. New future for the Astrodome with approval of $105 million renovation plan. On February 13, the Harris County Commissioners court approved a $105 million project that would reconfigure the Eighth Wonder of the World into an event center.
4. Coltivare owners' new bar-restaurant hybrid takes flight in Montrose. Night Heron, the newest concept from Agricole Hospitality, has opened its doors.
5. Acclaimed Spanish restaurateurs get MAD in River Oaks District. BCN owner Ignacio Torras and executive chef Luis Roger announced their plans to open a tapas-style restaurant named for Madrid's airport code.