Editor's note: It's time to recap the top stories on CultureMap from this past week.
1. Where to brunch in Houston right now: 7 best restaurants for your favorite weekend tradition. Indianola, Eunice, and Jonathan's the Rub lead our list of can't-miss new brunch options.
2. 12 things to know in Houston food right now: Openings, closings, and peri peri chicken. Did you know that Irish Cowboy closed, that House of Pies opened in The Woodlands, and that Peli Peli Kitchen has a new menu? You do now.
3. Rice University transforms iconic Sears building into innovation hub. Our colleagues at InnovationMap have all the details on Rice University's plans to transform Midtown into a center for discovery.
4. H-E-B spices up Houston with opening of new seafood boil house. If the first True Texas Boil House finds an audience for its spicy crawfish and fried shrimp, it will expand to other stores.
5. New 2-story H-E-B opens in The Heights with premium booze and all the bells and whistles. H-E-B president Scott McClelland shared his thoughts on the company's new, 92,000-square-foot store in The Heights.