It's time to recap the most popular stories on CultureMap from this past week:
1. Guy Fieri films Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives at six Houston restaurants. The mayor of Flavortown's visit to Houston is the single most popular CultureMap article of the last year.
2. Where to eat right now: 10 exciting new restaurants to try in January. This month's list includes Riel, the buzzy new restaurants from former Underbelly/Reef chef Ryan Lachaine, along with new options in The Heights, Chinatown, and even Katy.
3. One of New York's best burgers invades Houston for one day only. So many Houstonians lined up to try the spicy chicken sandwich and dry-aged burger from Emily in Brooklyn that all of the sandwiches were claimed before the doors even opened.
4. Free Midtown music festival stretches Super Bowl party corridor along light rail line. The four days of free concerts will also include a pop-up brunch hosted by local non-profit Urban Harvest.
5. Houston's best barbecue joint begins dinner service and looks for a second location. The article focuses on the addition of dinner service at Killen's Barbecue, but it's the possibility of a second location that has readers buzzing.